CATS Cambridge is an established international boarding school for ages 14+ in the heart of Cambridge with over 35 years’ experience in helping students progress to the top universities.
At CATS Cambridge, we want to help you make a well-informed choice about the right programme of study and subjects for you. To provide tailored advice, we use the CAT4 aptitude test to inform our suggestions. The overview below explains the CAT4 aptitude test and how it is administered within our pre-arrival process. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
What is CAT4?
- The Cognitive Abilities Test (CAT4) is an exercise to determine how well areas known to make a difference in learning and achievement have developed.
- It analyses verbal, non-verbal, quantitative, and spatial reasoning and provides an accurate analysis of a student’s potential achievement
Why use CAT4?
- CAT4 is standardised based on data from 25,000 students and verified every year on analysis from a quarter of a million students.
- CAT4 is highly accessible to international students who might struggle with English language.
- Provides holistic information about student potential including ability areas that may take time to become apparent in the classroom.
- It leads to early identification of students who would benefit from additional learning support in order to reach their best grades.
Why do CAT4 pre-arrival?
By completing the CAT4 before you arrive, we have data to provide you with more accurate, useful and personalised academic counselling.
More informed subject choices
Tailored academic support
How does it work?
- At the start of the pre-arrival process, you will receive an email asking you to register with Digiexam, the digital proctoring service.
- Once this is done, you will receive an email allocating the test date and providing all necessary instructions.
- All sessions will be held on a Friday, and you will be allocated a timeslot, taking into account regional time zones. It should take no more than three hours to complete.
- After you complete the CAT4 test, you will receive an invitation to book a meeting with a member from the senior academic team.
If you are interested in finding out more about how we support new students coming into CATS Cambridge please contact firstname.lastname@example.org